Monday, December 12, 2011

ME: training and planning

recently i have been reading lots and lots of Lance Armstrong's books.
Its really giving me a different point of view in my life, my training and made me understand why i chose to go through all these, just to race.

Heres some lines from his book that i would wish to share with everyone:

"If you want to win something, you've got yo have single-mindedness, and it's all too easy to wind up lonesome while you're at it.
A race is an exercise in leaving others behind, and sometimes that can include the ones you love."

-Lance Armstrong


so true. so true.
The amount of hard work one has to put in daily just to build up to a good race is unimaginable. Recently, my classmates have been asking me "Zac, how do you wake up early in the morning every other day, just to clock your mileage?" My reply would be "I just wanted to have a good race. I know that every single training plays a part to the final result and i am just trying to bridge the gap.".
This amount of focus, dedication, commitment and obsession is something an athlete must do and he/she must sacrifice the fun, the late nights and probably the junk food just to achieve this.
This is the price I am willing to pay, to get what i want.

In fact, i have been planning my next season's training plan with my mentor recently. It is gonna be a well detailed plan whereby i will choose my races carefully to lead up to the main races and i will be focusing on what this coming season will be targeted at. It will be a 1.5 years season for me. Hopefully training in australia will bring me up another notch.

Plan well if an athlete wants to get the best out of the training.
Train well if an athlete wants to get the best out of the race.
Race well if an athlete wants to achieve what he is set out to do.


Zac.
trying to beat my best



No comments:

Post a Comment