Sunday, April 15, 2012

My mother the warrior

It all started 27 years ago when my mother went to the temple to pray for a baby boy despite her almost being 40 years old. The gentle wife prayed "god, please let me bear my husband a son. I will take up all responsibility, even if it means that it will bring me poor health."
God heard her prayed and granted her wish, including bestowing poor health upon her.

My heroine, my mother, went through numerous cancer events, none of it having the odds in her favor. All of it was discovered in the late stages of cancer.. But yet she took up every single medication possible and fought through the chemotherapy, the radiation therapy. She fought through every single day of her life while taking care of me.

I have never been able to be appreciative of everything she has done for me till now that i am older. I was such an ass. I was never filial enough. I put my girlfriend in front of her. But yet it is her who stayed by my side and it is the pretty young ladies that left my life.
I will not Let her be the second fiddle in my life anymore.

Just a while bck, my mum felt lumps at her abdominal area. This was fucking bad news to my ears. I prayed hard that this is not what it may seem to be yet again, cancer. After medications and diagnostics, it has been confirmed that my beautiful mum is well and healthy. Praise the lord.

I never knew how much an impact my mum was to me till my one of my classmates told me "bro, u are just like ur mum. A warrior, a fighter that never gives up. Determined and focus. Never giving up on life" thats when i realised how true it is. Am i glad i took after my mum.

I will fight till my death if it is for my loved ones. I will fight till the end of time if its for my dreams and i will fight till the end if i know it is right.
Every single day i fight the pain in my heart.
Every single damn race, i fight the temptation to stop.
Every single day i fight to be the best i can be without being an asshole.

Mummy. I love you. May god bless u. <3

Am i glad i realised all these before its too late. Love ya!!














Zac Leow
peace
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment