Monday, September 12, 2011

the importance of sports massage

in the recent weeks, i've up my training sessions to 10 sessions per week (largely thanks to chris for motivating me with his madness timing at the KOTR).

my body doesn't seem to take it well and everything has been on a downhill slide. my cruising speed decreased from 5:00 to 6:10 and my 21km has turned from bad to worse. So just yesterday, i messaged my masseuse and went for my massage. It was one of the toughest massage i've gotten and it was definitely no doubt, definitely the most painful massage i've received thus far. my masseuse told me that i needed to spend more time for my warm up and cool down.

and so, the training continues today with my fartlek. Wore my adidas power web, which was kinda made famous to SRJC, and I did a good old fashion 1.5km warm up and i stretched myself real good. To my surprise, my cruising speed went from the ugly 6:10 to a not-too-bad 4:40. thats a shit load of difference. and its only my cruising =) so, definitely a good morning workout. Shall see how the workout continues and yes, i'll definitely want more massages and more warm up/cool down.


prepared and written by Zac Leow

No comments:

Post a Comment